buses from Beer sheva to Mizpa Ramon
stops at Ovdat and at the road near Hava Village
bus no. 64, 65, 60, 160
|Ovdat Village||Grocery Store||Small Store with a Basic Selection ||10:00-16:00||10:00-16:00||10:00-16:00|
|Ovdat Service Station||Aroma||Cafe, Serving Sandwiches, Salads and Pastries||07:00-22:00||07:00-16:00||09:00-22:00|
|Ovdat Service Station||McDonalds||you know what it is||09:30-21:00||10:00-16:00||11:00-22:00|
|Ovdat Service Station||Yellow||Convenience Store||24/7|
1. Kfar Ovdat – The biggest Bedouin village in the area. Offers tent accommodation, has a small grocery store and a school.
2. Ancient Ovdat – The impressive ruins of Ovdat, once a glorious city on the incense route. A true archaeological gem, declared a world heritage site in 2005.
3. Ramalia Waterholes – An antique water system that served the residents of this part of the Negev for thousands of years.
4. Arkov Mt. – A flint capped mountain with stunning views, strewn with ancient ritual monuments and petroglyphs.
5. Byzantine Farm – dating back to around 500 CE, this vast farmland has conserved much of its terraces, waterholes and many other installations. It stands as evidence to the area’s past prosperous agriculture.
6. Mashlush Nahal Chava – A small traditional Bedouin village. Has a few tents for accommodation and plenty goats and sheep.